What's ?                               Additional Options

test menu

                                                      

Monday, August 15, 2011

My Lucky Find: Old pack of Polaroid film

As a lot of you probably already know, I do a lot of auctions.  The actual act of going to an auction itself probably deserve a serious post, and perhaps I'll do that at a future date.

But I do go to a lot of them, and sometimes it can take me weeks to finally dig through all the junk I get and start to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Well, I found this nice piece of "wheat" recently at the bottom of a box.

This is a still-sealed pack of Polaroid 108 film.  It has an expiration date of 11/86...obviously way too unstable to use.  But it did start to bring back memories.

I think a lot of us used to have a Polaroid camera somewhere in the house.  Who didn't love using them?  It was instant photographic gratification.

Oh...and who didn't wave the developing pic in the air, trying to get it to develop faster? 

"Shake it like a Polaroid picture..."

(That "waving" trick, by the way, made no difference.  The picture "developing" before your eyes was really an illusion.  The developing photo is hidden under a coating to protect it from further exposure to the light.  What you thought was a photo developing before your very eyes was really just this protective coating fading...thereby exposing the already developed pic.  Sorry to burst your bubble.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...