What's ?                               Additional Options

test menu

                                                      

Monday, July 11, 2011

Who loves selling on eBay? No one, eh?

I've recently starting selling on eBay again.

After a more-than-just-brief hiatus of about 3 years, I started toying with the idea of trying to sell on eBay again.

"Why did you quit in the first place?" you may be wondering.  Well, lots of reasons, but the biggest were:
  1. I started selling on Amazon, and to be honest, things were a bit more profitable there.
  2. eBay had started with its "no more garage sale stuff anymore" mentality, which scared off a lot of resellers (like myself).
  3. Prices were tanking for collectible, and the selection offered was also getting mighty weak.
  4. Selling on Amazon was just plain simpler for me.

But recently (as in only a couple of months ago) I took a look at how collectibles, antiques and vintage items were doing there.

I think it can be summarized in one sentence:

"Sorry, eBay.  But we sellers like selling our old 'garage sale' stuff here, we aren't going away and neither are our customers!"

In essence, eBay has started to approach what it used to be during its heyday:  a single place to find great antiques, vintage items, collectibles and more, with a very generous selection, great sellers and buyers will deep pockets.

OK, maybe the pockets aren't so deep anymore, but there is still a lot to be made on eBay IF you are willing to play by the huge number of rules they are imposing on buyers nowadays.

Personally, it has taken me literally hundreds of hours to get the few things I'm listing, but it's worth it.  I find things people out there simply want, need or would love to add to their collection.

I basically make people happy, and make a bit of money doing it.

And you know what?  That makes ME happy.  Plus, having it help pay the rent ain't so bad either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...