What's ?                               Additional Options

test menu

                                                      

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Today's battle: Julie Andrews vs. John Coltrane

vs.      


2
9

Huh?

OK, the title actually does make sense.

But this isn't some weird Celebrity Death Match, although I think I can assume from the look on Julie's face that she's thinking she's gonna get a serious whooping.

But...it's more a musical contest.


Julie Andrews (as I pray you all already know) was in "The Sound Of Music" and sang "My Favorite Things".

But...I'm guessing there are a few people who don't know that John Coltrane covered the song, too!

If you don't know who Coltrane is...I'm sorry...but...but...I can't even begin to cover the man's music. If the names Miles or Monk don't mean much to you, start here for a quick lesson.

I'm really posting these to see the incredible contrast these two versions have with each other.  Having said that, I can listen to either one all day.

Which do you prefer?  I hope you at least like one of them!







And after listening to the Coltrane cover, all I can think of is how absolutely horrible, un-listenable and formulaic most of today's popular music is (unless you want part of your brain to die, DON'T click on the last link).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...