What's ?                               Additional Options

test menu

                                                      

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Findings: mystery Danish Modern pottery piece. Can you identify it?

Quite some time ago, I acquired this rather interesting piece of pottery.

I had the piece in storage for some time, and finally decided to break it out and display it again.

First of all, I LOVE this piece, and would never think of parting with it.

I love the colors in the glaze, the look it has of three flasks merging and melting together into a single piece, the tiny openings at the top for some newly-budding flowers.

Heck, there's nothing that I don't love about it.

OK, there is one thing.  I have ZERO idea of where it came from.  I am assuming its a Danish Modern piece, but for all I know it was a K-Mart blue light special.

There are the remnants of a foil paper label on the bottom, but all that's left is some paper backing, and a bit of the corner, which seems to indicate that the label had a silver border and a black background.

So...here it is.  Anyone have any idea where it came from?  Who made it?  Not interested in value...just lineage.









1 comment:

  1. You know, I am a very amateur collector of mostly handmade mid century pottery, so I have browsed the Studio pottery category on eBay quite a bit.

    And I'm afraid, I have no clue! But it looks a bit like the Danish things I see. Italian pottery was most popular, but... Sorry I can't help more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...