What's ?                               Additional Options

test menu

                                                      

Monday, July 4, 2011

Trying to find the right cat food

I have two rather finicky cats.

OK, who owns cats that aren't finicky. Can I see a show of hands.


I thought so.




But I'm convinced that if they have the physical and mental capabilities, they'd show their disdain for the food you give them by:
  • picking up the bowl and hurling it against the wall
  • start saying things that start with "Your mama..."
  • convert your favorite chair/sofa/other beloved piece of furniture into their new scratching post
  • issuing press releases criticizing your political leanings, dietary habits and sexual proclivities.
"Thiz not yummy nom noms...uze ded to me, hooman."

So, needless to say, if I find a cat food they like, I'm gonna stick with it.

Well...I think I found it.

Cat yumminess.  And a reprieve for me Eames Lounge chair.
Now, I've tried plenty of higher-end foods, and they pretty much turned their nose up at it and proceeded to treat the houseplants as their new food source.  But I've also been really trying to stay away from the food that they like...but I know may not be the best for them.

After years of painful searching, I finally decided to try Wellness.

The biggest reason why I was reluctant to try it was that it's not cheap.  The smallest bag goes for about $12...a lot of money to a poor boy like me.  But I gave it a shot.

The first thing when you open the bag is, well, the smell.  Ewww.  So...good sign.

The hard food actually felt kind of moist in my hand, like it was fresh and not dried out pellets...something more like real food.  Again...good sign.

I gave Dagny and Little One/Big Stupid/FatAss (still working on that name for cat #2) some.  They ate it like an Oreck eats dirt in an infomercial.

I'm also impressed with the ingredients.  Seems a far better fare for the kitties than other foods.

So, I think I'll be sticking with this for a while.  If I notice any changes in the cats (or you start reading nasty press releases about me) I'll give you an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...